Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have a bit of a problem with frame sizes. I bought 2 hives and copied the frames so I had commonality.

I then bought 10 boxes from China hoping they would be the STD frame size - they were not!

I then bought 6 hives from a local bee keeper full of bees, brude and honey but again these are different still.

I want everything the same size and I'll only be using the bee hives from China.

The problem is that this is the largest hive size and the frames with bees on just fall inside.

Can anyone please tell me what to do?

Do I put screws in the end did the short frames so they don't fall in and then on the outside of the transferred frame put a frame designed for this hive and let the bees draw comb and brood on these frames?

Do I cut out the comb and graft it in? The China frames have plastic foundation and the frames with bees has only wire with no foundation.

Once the bees expand to the new China frames, how do I get rid of the old frames? I don't want to kill the bees or babies!

What do I do with the Combe and good stuff in the frame.

Once all bees are transferred and brood I want to burn the old hives and frames.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard

·
Registered
46 Posts
Re: Best way to attach comb to a frame?

Richard find your queen, put her in your new china box, put on a queen excluder on it set old box on top and wait 20 to 25 days remove old box shake or brush bees into new box and wham bam your done.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Re: Best way to attach comb to a frame?

Rubber bands to hold the comb pieces and then wrap twine around the frame is what I do. It's a pia imo and I avoid it whenever I can.
Get rid of the garbage from china. There is no telling what kind of toxic junk they put in this equipment.
Where are you located?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts