Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been purchasing my frames and foundation from Dadant. The frames I have no problem with because I can purchase in quantity of 50. However, the foundation, Plasticell 8 3/8 coated with beeswax is only available in single sheet price only. Does anyone know another source for this type of foundation that sells in quantity? The Dadant price for this foundation is $1.20 per sheet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rite cell foundation from Mann Lake is also $1.20 in that quantity. If you have an order over $100 then the shipping is free making it a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Look closer, dadant has a price break at various intervals, I just bought 200. If you buy dadant frames make sure they send you the correct bottom bar with a shallower groover, otherwise the foundation will fall out.

I also like permadent, last year no problems at all, the bees loved it, drew faboulous comb. I wish I would have bought permadent and kelley frames instead dadant frames and plasticell last month.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not trying to steer the thread off topic, BUT, I have been calling around also looking at different foundation and frames getting prices etc. I was told by one vendor the plasticell needs beeswax or it won't work but my dumb package bees drew out comb just fine on the plasticell foundation without it being beeswax treated. Beginner's luck?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts