Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased some of those frame spacers to go in my honey supers. I ordered the ones that space out 9 frames in a 10 frame box. They sent 8 frames spacers for the 10 frame box. I only have 20 or so, and they are pretty cheap, it was around 10 bucks maybe. Any way, should I use them or reorder the 9 frame ones? It has been a while so I am gonna have to eat it anyway, I didn't find out they were 8 frame till I nailed them in and filled it with frames. I had a bunch of frames laying around and realized they were all a frame short. They do pull back out easy and it doesn't destroy them even though they are fragile.

Rob

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
they'll work fine-after you have drawn comb in your frames. good luck,mike

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will they draw the comb deeper with the frames spaced farther apart? Will that be the only difference?

Rob

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
If the combs aren't already drawn they can sometimes draw one comb or one side of a comb out so far that it occupies the space that an adjacent comb would use, preventing that comb from being drawn. They will sometimes do this even if all the combs are already drawn to a normal depth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts