Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where you can get punch in eyelets without having to order them from an online bee supply house. I'm in MA

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
If you have a bee equipment supplier locally??

I use stapes (cheaper). I just put a 1/4" staple next to the hole (on the side the wire will pull to).

Mike

·
Registered
242 Posts
No I don't Peter, but I have used staples just below the hole to keep the wire from cutting into the frame until I could get some.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Electronic supply stores sometimes carry them; I think they're used on printed circuit boards. We have a surplus electronics store here where I bought a bag of 25000 several years back. Staples work just as well and are much faster to install.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Get the dedicated eyelet installation tool also... do not use the one that installs multiple eyelets, they're not worth a flip. One at a time goes pretty quick while watching football in the fall! I installed 4,000 last fall... more coming this season. LOLOL

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Therapy comes in many different forms, my friend! :lpf:

·
Registered
892 Posts
as for an installation tool.... i took a standard awl

and ground the shaft by the tip on my bench grinder to give it a slight lip and to fit inside the eyelet. then slip the eyelet over the end and simply press into the frame.

I happen to have an extra awl lying around (like 3 or 4 but...) so it cost me $0.

I was about to order some more as my chickens liked to get in the barn and knock the little container i keep them in over spreading them everywhere (they are nice and shiny you know) after the third time (picking them up the first 2 and loosing about half each time) i said F it... ill get some more....

·
Registered
869 Posts
Therapy comes in many different forms, my friend! :lpf:

Is that what this is? Therapy? And all this time I thought my counselor saved my marriage! :rolleyes: Just like you, I sit down with a bunch of bars and put eyelets in while watching tv...the next step is to nail the frames together while watching tv too. When my wife left with the kids to go to my nephews HS graduation (I had to work) I thought of all the fun things I could go do: Hang with some friends, golf, go shooting, etc. I rented 3 movies from redbox instead, sat down and worked on frames. I should have rented more. Between going to work and sleeping, I watched 5 movies, and had 220 frames built and piled up in the Living room. When the wife got home she was like "Did you go to work?" Told her I did and was just real busy when I was home. I'm trying to find out why I still feel behind though. Still have a cut out in Lincoln, which I might just pass on. I am still working on a cut out in Stockton, with a 2nd one I need to check out in the same condo park. I have a Church I looked at 2 weeks ago and I in less than an hour, I am meeting with a Church member to discuss the plan for extraction. I have condos that I was called for in Modesto, not sure IF I will take those or not. Then last night, I got another call from Stockton in an apartment complex to go look at. Good Lord! I am looking for help!!!!

C2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts