Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been out of the game for a minute, confused if things have changed. Went to go order frame end bars for some old top/bottoms i had and couldn't seem to find storage frame parts on any of the main equipment sites anymore. Did they stop offering this?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Don’t know if Kelly has stooped selling frame parts since ML took them over, but I did see that Betterbee has them when I was on their site last week.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Do you know what company made them. It might be difficult to match the dimensions. I think Mann Lake will sell larger quantities of separate parts but it would be special order. Might be some savings.

·
Premium Member
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,888 Posts
How many pieces are we talking here? At under $1 per frame for new, piecemealing a bunch of random parts together into usable frames may not be worth the effort.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Be careful, Dadant changed the thickness of their bottom bar, and hence the notch for it in the end bar. It was around 2010.. How old are your frames?

Crazy Roland

·
Registered
951 Posts
Call 'em up.I needed end bars for mann lake frames to make half frames.Not in catalog or on web site.
Sales person on the phone had to search but found them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts