Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this possible? I just dont feel like paying the shipping for all that wax but I dont want the wax to fall apart when I extract either. Any ideas or thoughts? This was with 3 supers per hive, what if I went 2 supers per hive?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Is your extractor a hand crank or electric?

You can also simply put a foundationless frame in with wires in the frame.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its hand crank. Yeah I though about the wire. If that would work I might go that route. What size wire you think and could I get that at like Lowes?

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
There is no need to wire mediums. I extract foundationless mediums every year. So does Michael Bush. As long as they have had a few weeks to harden in the hive since being drawn, they will extract. Start slow and build up.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah thanks for the replies. I just went to Bush's site and read about foundationless. I am not going to wire, Im excited about it actually as crazy as that sounds, something new. Fishing line wouldnt be a bad idea though either just for some support. Im guessing that the hives have to be perfectly level though huh? I am throwing around the idea of building my own frames to. I have a bunck of lumber lying around. Can I just build a rectangle the same size of the medium frames and put a guide in? That would be way easy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts