Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know the shelf life of teramiacin? How maney times do i need to treat and how many days in between treatment? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
unfotunatly i got the terimycin in bulk from another beek. Have you had good luck stopping it? the infection seems to only be on one frame. ive only had it one other time, it killed the hive and i burned the equipment. thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Pull that 1 frame out and burn it. Tylan will clear it up much better than terramycin. Terramycin treatment is 4 times 5 days apart for preventive treatment. Tylan is 3 times 7 days apart and it will clear it up but that hive will need to be treated forever(spring and fall every year).

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
IMO, burn it, you HOPE its only in the one frame

·
Registered
Possum Valley, TN Bee Wrangler
839 Posts
There is no stopping it, only masking the symptoms, it will rear it ugly head over time.

I also vote to burn all. Dig a hole, burn it, bury it.

Now with that said, do you really have AFB? Tell us the symptoms you are seeing.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i dont know if it is afb or efb. i have pin holes in a few brood cells, some fully developed white uncapped pupe, some larve that looks like snot and a pungent oder. i dont like the idea of burning bees and all but if i have to, i have to. i dont know where it come from. i have all new equipment and a hive started from a nuc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts