Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked just a handful of my hives and all of the formic pro pads disappeared leaving just the paper shreds behind, except for this one that left the entire dried up pad! What's up with that?
Rectangle Brick Wood Artifact Building material

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
I've never used Formic Pro Pads, but I didn't know they were supposed to disappear.

Alex

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
every time we use them we have to scrape them off later, never have seen the bees remove them, you must have some of the ankle byters with strong jaws to do away with the pads.

Reactions: Gino45

·
Registered
423 Posts
I've seen HopGuard strips chewed down to plastic, but FP pads always stay behind. Cool observation.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guess I took a picture of the wrong hive! I had nothing but shreds of paper in the other 2 that I checked. If I knew I had to remove them myself I would have checked all of them. I supposed I better go check them all now

·
Registered
5 Posts
I checked just a handful of my hives and all of the formic pro pads disappeared leaving just the paper shreds behind, except for this one that left the entire dried up pad! What's up with that?
That is how they are suppose to work. The media that the formic acid is in is designed to slowly release Formic acid over a couple of weeks. What is left over is basically inert material that just slowed the release down. These pads can be composted. (it is all in the faq on their website). You can leave them in place for a while, no need to pull them quickly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts