Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
It is not something we see around here. They are pretty cool looking when clear coated and plugged. Also, when hung near the front door they keep away uninvited guest that are not in the know. OK, I made the last part up. :)

Alex

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Have collect and given away several that I have found in the woods over the years. Never heard of "plugging" one. Why/how would you do that? No need to keep hornets in if there are not any left. If empty and a "dead out" what purpose is served by plugging an empty nest?
Around here the Red Wasps will take up residence in bird feeders, cow bells or anything similar.

Alex

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Pieces of paper towel or a little great stuff. It wouldn't take much to keep them out. This is the time of year the red wasps are looking for a place to over-winter as individuals. I find them in the strangest places, between stickered lumber, stacked pieces of cardboard, hay bales, etc.

Alex

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Pieces of paper towel or a little great stuff. It wouldn't take much to keep them out. This is the time of year the red wasps are looking for a place to over-winter as individuals. I find them in the strangest places, between stickered lumber, stacked pieces of cardboard, hay bales, etc.

Alex

As far as indoors is concerned, I suppose it would depend the tightness of the structure. I have found nests in a can lying on it's side, under a shelf, in a tack room, in the barn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts