Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have 5 established hives. 3 weeks ago I looked in and all the frames in my supers had nectar or capped honey to one extent or another. One hive had even capped an entire medium 10 frame super. I pulled that super off and replaced it. Imagine my surprise today. Virtually no honey in any of the supers of my 5 established hives. I am in NC and it has been somewhat dry and cooler than normal. Do I expect a later honey flow? What is the deal oh smart folks of the board?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Sounds like the bees ate it. Maybe I need to check mine, too. But the bees are still working like crazy as though the flow is still going on. It normally ends about now for me, but this has been an unusual weather year.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I only have one hive that may produce this year. It is a package that I installed in early Spring. I pulled a few frames from it last week just to give them more room because I was in a hurry and out of supers. I plan to pull a super from it this weekend. I had at least 8 more fully capped frames last week. I hope it isn't gone when I check this week. How late does the flow usually last in Lincolnton? This is my first year with bees so I don't know how long it will last or how much to expect, if any, in the summer and fall. Thanks and good luck.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
I had a super full, now its full of capped brood. Actually 2 supers less a small section of brood on 2 frames in the center of the bottom one. Guess she gave em their orders...gimme more room. Now that hives gonna explode. Gonna have to split. Adding another super tommorrow. G :popcorn:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts