Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So do we have any forum people in Nebraska and South Dakota suffering from the worst possible spring melt which is a big rain? My condolences. Anyone know of any farm charities in that area to contribute to?

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,120 Posts
We had five feet of accumulated snow over winter that melted all of a sudden. These pictures and videos were shot last Wednesday at the back of my house and at the bridge the crosses Weeping Water creek right at my property line. The creek is usually at 6 feet. This is Weeping Water creek at 27 feet. It's usually about five feet wide. It never got high enough to do more than flood part of the pasture at my house. Trying to get home on Monday I ended up driving 30 miles out of my way to find a bridge open across the Platte river and I could see that the road to cross the Missouri river over to I29 was under water. Along the river bridges you could see houses that obviously got their basements full of water as their yard was still full of water after the water had gone down a lot. Hamburg Iowa is near here and I have heard 2/3 of the town is gone. Some of the highways were open again as of this morning in my area. The rivers are still high but lower than they were.

http://bushfarms.com/Flood2019.htm

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad you didn't wash away. On the farm they used to say a fire is a disaster but a flood breaks you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts