Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in Florida for only about four years, and I think I'm ready to start entering some honey shows. I can't seem to find anything on the Florida State Fair website about honey, so I am wondering if they just don't do that here. It seems there isn't anything in my county fair (Pinellas) either. Is this a "Florida thing"? I come from Rockville, Maryland, and there was vibrant county fair as well as a great state fair as well. Any Floridians have thoughts?

Matt

·
Registered
850 Posts
I've been in Florida for only about four years, and I think I'm ready to start entering some honey shows. I can't seem to find anything on the Florida State Fair website about honey, so I am wondering if they just don't do that here. It seems there isn't anything in my county fair (Pinellas) either. Is this a "Florida thing"? I come from Rockville, Maryland, and there was vibrant county fair as well as a great state fair as well. Any Floridians have thoughts?

Matt
I heard that this year 2020 the FL State Fair was going to have a honey show- but I do not see anything either. Seems to me- from afar- that the Beekeeper Associations and the Bee College have the honey shows- mostly in a European Style of judging.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts