Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2886232A-5B63-482B-A6EF-7886B9EF1D40.jpg 2060C166-C6F6-432D-8482-E15D3D2679BF.jpg

Thanksgiving day started at -5 F, today high of 39 F. Two out of 15 shown here; one is the double nuc, looks like maybe one side is gone, beekeeper error :( The rest are good. Only 4 months to go, I hope the temps stay pretty even and don’t fluctuate like it has been here the past few days. Deb

·
Registered
223 Posts
Could also be at the other end of the box so showing as cooler.

We got up above freezing today, was nice being able to see the girls cleaning house.

·
Premium Member
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats super cool! Is that detecting heat through the insulation??
Yes, through the roofing tar paper and foam insulation. The hives are facing south, with no insulation on the south side.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
The one Amazon is much cheaper than a FLIR. Do you think it works as well for bee-detecting? I want a FLIR but $500 is too expensive for my budget.

Nancy

·
Premium Member
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The one Amazon is much cheaper than a FLIR. Do you think it works as well for bee-detecting? I want a FLIR but $500 is too expensive for my budget.

Nancy
Hi Nancy, the FLIR I have fits into an older Samsung android; it was about $250.

·
Premium Member
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It looks like the right side colony could be in the top, and the insulation is hiding it.

That’s what I think. I’ll find out Friday, it’ll be around 40*. My concern this year is out of 16 about 7 have a high cluster already.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts