Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I'm a new beekeeper from North Alabama. My dad kept bees during my growing up years. I knew a few basics, but was reintroduced by a member and friend on here "squarepeg". I set my first trap today on a perch I built and at the urging of my mentor, I'll try and post a pic of it. My wife and I are looking forward to this adventure!

·
Super Moderator
10,455 Posts
way to go frb and welcome aboard!

give me a call if you want to and i'll talk you through posting a photo, it may take a day or two because the moderator has to set your permissions.

this guy's a natural ya'll. he saw the queen in less than 2 seconds on the first frame we pulled the other day.

also, he's come up with a cheap and easy way to build a swarm trap stand. i put two of them into service myself yesterday!

·
Super Moderator
10,455 Posts
you bet man.

i went over to my neighbor's place this afternoon to help him go through his hives. they had not been inspected yet this spring. we found a couple of colonies that were well into swarm preps, to the point of capping queen cells. looks like we got our traps set just in time!

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Welcome aboard FRB. If squarepeg is your mentor, you've paired up with a good one. I've been to visit his place myself. He's got a really nice setup. Beware of his bees though, they do sting first time visitors! Maybe you and him can load up and come critique my setup some time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts