Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, BeeSource is now unusable on my laptop because of a Fake Flash Player update notice that takes over when attempting to use BeeSource. Because this site is the only site effected, I’m thinking it came from this site. Clean up the **** site.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
sorry for your pain but thanks for the warning.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
It seems if I shut down and wait till morning it goes away. I am going to try a reboot next time. I wonder what the reason is behind this effort.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
BTW MP, your Fall feeding tip with weighing is one of the best tips next to raising nucs. All hives are still carrying weight and I recently verified stores on the lowest weight hive - thanks.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
I got a flash message a while ago stating "We were unable to update your system, please clik here for more info". Nah, I dont think so!:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
397 Posts
If this is still happening for anyone, does it take you to a new page, or a window popup?

Kevin

·
Registered
319 Posts
For the last three (3) days I have been repeatedly transferred to an ad for McAfee computer virus for a renewal of a subscription that supposedly ran out on that specific day ( I have never subscribed to McAfee for ten (10) years or so). I have to repeatedly restart Beesource, and then it sometimes will allow access after several failed attempts. I am getting really irritated.

·
Registered
6,683 Posts
I’ve been having both the Flash and now McAfee fake updates on Safari on my Mac as well.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'm still not getting anything on FF. I have Ghostery, ABP Adblock, and Bitdefender Anti-tracker.
I am surprised at Mac having this.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
No issues and I use Brave which has built in ad blockers. Supposedly, the Brave browser is more respectful of your privacy. J

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had the same problem for the last 3 days on a Mac running Safari... Never had anything previously. I think it is this site. I now have Sophos and hope that it will let me get back to the site because it has become almost unusable at this point.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
By trail and error I discovered if I simply us the back arrow when the the pop-up shows up that after two or three attempts it goes away. I also clean history and reboot at least once a week.

·
Administrator
397 Posts
We started getting these reports across network around the same time the initial report from you guys came in. We're working on it.

If anyone gets this using a non-mobile device let me know. I might try and recruit you for some gathering of information

Kevin

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
We started getting these reports across network around the same time the initial report from you guys came in. We're working on it.

If anyone gets this using a non-mobile device let me know. I might try and recruit you for some gathering of information
I have never seen this behavior when browsing from my iPhone. I only see it when browsing from my Mac, on Safari. I just happened now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts