Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally had a swarm move in here in Upstate New York. Probably going to be a good year for seem catching as my bees at thriving. Have to keep an eye on my hives as supers already on for a few weeks.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Congratz on the swarm. My property is baited out the wazoo, no takers yet, but I'm hopeful. There's no bees like free bees!

·
Premium Member
2,494 Posts
Finally had a swarm move in here in Upstate New York. Probably going to be a good year for seem catching as my bees at thriving. Have to keep an eye on my hives as supers already on for a few weeks.
Yes yes! I think the bad weather threw us off with the growing of our hives; have to make splits and nucs ASAP.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Four out of six of my sets had scouts in them today. I expect one to move in hopefully tomorrow. It had about 50 bees working it, but of course we just got an inch of rain this afternoon.
I cought a swarm out of my hives over two weeks ago and made six splits already. I've got two more hives with wet cups that I will make another six or so splits in a week or so. Why buy bees?😀

1 - 5 of 5 Posts