Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught this swarm 15 days ago. Put them in a 6 frame nuc and came home, tried to put frames in but no room so i put them in a 10 frame. Took a frame of bees and put a queen cell on it and into a 3 frame nuc. She has not hatched yet. Opened them today and was amazed. 3 frames of wall to wall brood with just a few capped 2 more frames partially filled with brood, in 15 days! Anyone in Inman SC lose a breeder queen?

·
Registered
180 Posts
She's mine. Ill send you a cage and you can ship her back to Texas where she belongs;)

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Swarms travel north and south not east and west. Txbeek is mistaken she's mine.
When I allow a hive to swarm it's with the hope that it can brighten someone's day.
It seems to have worked, keep her and enjoy. Her name is Amber!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Amber will soon have daughters for sale. She has laid around 25000 eggs in 15 days. That is around 2000 a day. It does not get much better than that!

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
No danger of that happening anytime soon, I lived in Charlotte for a bit. I recall SC as the hottest place I've ever been!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
SCBeeman, I think his assumption is that a queen that good must be a breeder. It has the kind of genetics you would want to replicate (great laying pattern). I wonder if her daughters would last a winter up here? :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
It takes years of experience to even know what to look for in a breeder queen and I don't think he knows what to look for. He needs to work with a commercial beekeeper to know the gentic of a queen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts