Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always look forward to the first night of class. Presentation reviewed. Text Books picked up. Handouts ready.

Now all I need is students. They'll be there tonight.

And it doesn't matter that I haven't seen the classroom. Like a bee scavenging for spring's first pollen, I'll make due.

What did you folks find memorable about the first night of Bee school?

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
An observation hive with actual bees...
I have offered my display hive to the local bee educator to use in his Queen Rearing class that will get taught on Saturday. My bees have already hatched one queen this February, and one more should be just about capped. Lots of queen cups on the frame as well so one gets a good idea of the different places the bees "hide" them. Who knows if he'll take me up on the offer, but the real deal is so much better in teaching than powerpoint slides or photographs.

I love the fact, MB, that you recommend in your book to have an observation hive when first learning about bees. My glass window on my main hive has allowed me to see so much these first few months, and then putting a bar or two from my TBH into the display hive for a few hours gets me even closer to what they are doing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts