Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Eric and I'm from close to Hot Springs Arkansas. I joined beesource a little over a year ago and thought I was going to start a hive then, but I think it was too late in the year and could not get a response from companies to buy bees from. Just installed our first nuc yesterday, Russians from Coy's.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome and hello from just up the road :)

I wanted to try some of his bees but didn't think he had any left this year.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We ordered them back in January and pickup was Yesterday in Jonesboro. Coy's had some bad weather so their order's above 1 nuc had to be cut in half so we only got one. I was very pleased with the way they conduct business and the bees are doing great.

·
Registered
316 Posts
you should join the greater hot springs beekeepers club. also. be on the lookout for another hive. you really need 2 in case you go queen less. don't overfeed, don't get robbed and try to get your bee to move up into your supers. good luck!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you should join the greater hot springs beekeepers club. also. be on the lookout for another hive. you really need 2 in case you go queen less. don't overfeed, don't get robbed and try to get your bee to move up into your supers. good luck!
My wife and I are members, but Thursdays became impossible for the meetings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts