Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Last two days in michigan were also great Michael. Tens of thousands of yellow stains around the yard. I was really getting worried about 2 of my colonies. They have been really to active for my liking but since the cleansing flights they have completely quieted down.

·
Banned
13,203 Posts
What are you doing Mike, blowing into the entrance? No veil?

·
Banned
13,203 Posts
OK I get that. But I was hearing rushing wind noise when you were seeing if the hive was alive?

·
Registered
8,183 Posts
It is great to see. At least here, we have a long way to go. Below zero forecast again. Not going to last but it is getting so very old.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
It does the spirit good to see them alive. I was getting optimistic yesterday when mine were flying. I feel less cheerful now after plowing the driveway twice for 8 inches of snow total, and I'll need to do it again tomorrow. The arctic chill is coming back, old man winter is a curmudgeon this year.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Due to moving in the next few months I had to bring a hive home. I temporarily put it in front of my house until I could get it through all of the snow to the rest of my bees. Unfortunately we had that same great weather and they relieved themselves all over my garage door and house.....arg. Good to see but should have known better.

·
Registered
144 Posts
<sigh> What has my life become when I start watching youtube videos of some guy's bees crapping and I am jealous....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Had the first cleansing flight here in Syracuse yesterday also - morning sun until around 12PM, but the girls were flying heavy by 10:30AM due to the black roofing paper wraps on them. Lifted me up as much as the bees just to see it. I don't know why it does so much for my morale this time of year... I was getting quite antsy and irritable about this prolonged cold snap... thanks for posting these videos Mike!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts