Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was warm enough that there were a LOT of bees flying so I figured good chance to pop it open and see what is going on. The top deep was 10 frames full of honey going into winter, the bottom was all bees. Today it seemed like there were even more bees than we started winter with and 4 of the 10 frames of honey are gone. Everything looked great, the population was much higher than I anticipated. I saw zero sign of mites or shb. The girls seemed happy to see me, my bright white suit had hundreds of bees crawling all over it. When I filmed this with my Iphone my hand and the phone were covered with bees, not aggressive acting, just crawling around. Can't tell you how happy I am that things look this good so far.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:thumbsup: Good looking active bees you have there!!! How much more winter do you have left?
We aren't quite out of the woods yet. Today near 50 again, and then 3 days of teens and single digit nights, then it looks good, I expect once the temps get to normal things should start moving forage wise. Silver Maples are budding and with a warm up, buds should break and then it is on!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts