This is my first attempt at capturing comb building as a time lapse. Mechanically everything is working, but the video isn't quite what I was hoping for. But it's a start, and I can work on fixing most of these issues:
- The camera doesn't focus close enough
- I need to see if I can move the camera back a bit without seeing the glass window that I'm pointing through. In the future a different camera might be better, too.
- There's too much glare from the light source
- I can put some sort of diffuser material in front of the LEDs.
- Not a wide enough FOV to see much
- Moving the camera back will help, and in the future a different camera might be better, too.
- The bees get in the way
- A wider FOV would let us see more.
But here's the first attempt: