Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were quickly running out of room in my little extraction room, so we closed in the rest of my lean to so we can keep the bottling stuff and the extraction room separate. I still have to move the bottling tanks and neaten everything up but, its ready to extract honey. Just in time too, going to start pulling Orange Blossom next week. 20 frame Dadant extractor, with Mann Lake uncapping tank, Maxant Clarifier, Maxant honey pump and Maxant filter and two Maxant bottling tanks. I never would of thought just a few years ago I would be spending so much money on bees! http://s203.photobucket.com/user/rgraf/library/Looking Glass

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
USDA Hardiness Zone 8a
165 Posts
Mmmmm.....I love that orange blossom honey!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
johng

Just wanted to mention that those (2) Maxant bottlers once filled with honey are going to weight 600-700 lbs. sitting on the counter top. You might want to consider putting a couple of steel support posts underneath.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys! We are very excited. We have been bottling and extracting in the one little room for a couple years now and it is just way to small for bottles honey buckets and everything else.

Risky we have to bottle honey for the farmers market this weekend so the tanks will be empty, I plan on draining the water out of them and moving them to the other room. They will then be on separate counter tops, they are full of honey and water now I can't even budge them right now.

Maxant was great to work with and there equipment is top notch.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Maxant sells the float switch. I think it cost $75 or $85. Its made by Dayton the people that make the electic motor for the pump so I bet u can order one from a place like Granger too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
****, I couldn't imagine having so much honey that I'd need that much equipment. As it is, I don't know how to sell all the honey i get from just a few hives.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks
I have an account with grainger. I did try to find one but there were so many
Any chance you could send me the model #
Thanks

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Nice setup!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts