Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those in the Geneva, NY area, I want to let you know about a joint meeting between the Finger Lakes and and Ontario Fingerlakes bee clubs. Our third annual joint meeting features Larry Connor, noted beekeeper, author and lecturer.

Date: February 13, 2010
Time: 1pm - 4:30pm
630 W. North St. , Geneva, New York 14456

Agenda:
1pm Welcome
1:30 Larry Connor
2:30 Business and Refreshments
3:30 Larry Connor
4:30 Closing
Vendors and Prizes​

No charge for admission due to the fundraising activities of our Bee Clubs.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I look forward to driving up. Thanks for the invite. It was easy to copy over into my outlook calendar. Isn't Wixsons up there somewhere? I wonder if they are open on Sat. mornings. I'd really like to pick up a few cases of bottles.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I look forward to driving up. Thanks for the invite. It was easy to copy over into my outlook calendar. Isn't Wixsons up there somewhere? I wonder if they are open on Sat. mornings. I'd really like to pick up a few cases of bottles.
They are somewhere around here, but I believe they're open weekdays only.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'd be willing to bet Jerry will be at the meeting. If you give him a call, he might bring the bottles to Geneva for you.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Someone contacted me about who can attend, but I can't reply by forum email or direct email.

All are welcome to attend the meeting. You don't need to be a club member, nor is there an event fee. If you'd like a PDF of the flier for the event (just a simply 1-page info sheet), email me at [email protected].

Shelley

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
They are somewhere around here, but I believe they're open weekdays only.
http://wixsonhoney.com/

Wixson Honey is centrally located in the scenic Finger Lakes region of New York state. Our office and plant are located a short distance from NY Rte 14.

Contact Information

Telephone
607 243-7301
FAX
607 243-7143
Mailing address
4937 Lakemont-Himrod Rd Dundee, NY 14837
Office & Plant Location
Lakemont, NY

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
Opened saturday mornings. Call ahead to give Jerry warning. He is very accomodating.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
For those visting Wixsons they primarily buy and sell honey, glassware and beeswax. Roscoe, who is gone now, got out of the wooden equipment business years ago. They do have gloves and some items in the office where you'll get to meet Jenny who is a real peach. They have the best prices on glassware you'll find anywhere and great selection so it's worth it to stock up. We were unable to buy glassware cheaper from the manufacturer even in pallet lots.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts