Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 35 days from spliting a strong hive and almost giving up and buying a new queen, i saw eggs. :)

As a new Beekeeper it's my first time, so I'm very very happy with a great success feeling.
I was sure that my virgin queen is damaged and can't fly for her best day.

Is there any method to find a virgin queen and see if she is damaged or not?

Good Day
Randi

·
Premium Member
6,176 Posts
I agree...watch and watch. Virgin queens, even smaller laying queens can be tricky to find.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
If it took 35 days you just might have laying workers. If there are single eggs at the bottom of the cell you should have a queen. If there are multiple eggs or they are on the cell wall it might be from laying workers.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have a laying worker. the eggs are in the middle of the cells and just one per cell. looking good till now

Just bought 6 more hives body and will buy this week 5 packages of bees (two honey frames + 3 brood with queen). i didn't finish one year as a beekeeper and hope i am not running too fast.... :rolleyes:
My beekeeping guide telling me to relax and stay with 4 hives till the end of the year, but i feel quiet confidence to develop a little bit more - maybe it's the excitement of the beeginers, but i follow my intuition

Randi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts