Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D Did a frame by frame inspection today using only a tiney amount of smoke and sugar water spray. In the Italian hive, I saw a bee with its head in a cell that was an odd color, Afterwaiting awhile, she finally pulled her head out and it was a beautifulred/gold Queen. no other bee in the hive looks like her so it is beyond me why I haven't seen her before! Then I got into the Russian hive. I continued to use the sugar spray and really look hard. In the third box there she was, a real dark beauty. What a rush! I am one step closer to being a Bee Keeper and not just a bee haver! :applause:
Meridith

·
Registered
323 Posts
Were you looking for her for some particular reason? I haven't seen any of my queens since april, mostly cause I haven't looked for them.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
it was a real thrill for me too about 6 weeks ago when i actually saw both my queens (wasn't really looking for them in particular). I too had one golden queen and one dark red/mahogany queen. It was very exciting to see them!:)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Nice job Meri! I see mine once in a while. Mostly I just look for eggs and brood. They can be tough to find even when they are marked!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been looking each time so I can find her if I need to. I think it is part of the learning curve. I have always found larva and capped brood. I am getting better at finding eggs. It is my first year and there is SO much to learn. This site is a huge help. Thanks!
Meridith :)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
By far the most interesting animal husbandry project I have taken on! I love it too:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts