Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dvr all the new Jeopardy's. (I know. I'm a loser) But I love that show. I try to watch one every day. I do pretty good but Final Jeopardy mostly kicks my butt. Though I did get it today. See if you do. :)

I am a little behind on my episodes. This aired 3-2-10.

Category: Food Traditions

Since the 1100s Dunmow, England Has Rewarded Newlyweds Who Go A Year & A Day W/O Arguing By Letting Them "Bring Home" This.....

·
Registered
Possum Valley, TN Bee Wrangler
819 Posts
what is the mother in law.............................and then the fight started

I would say a bee hive

G3

·
Premium Member
8,315 Posts
Seriously, we're talking a Hambone thread here. I'm not even going to Google it because we already know "bacon" is always the answer. The only question is how much bacon...

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Am I that predictable…:D

·
Registered
388 Posts
The Dunmow Flitch Trials exist to award a flitch of bacon to married couples from anywhere in the world, if they can satisfy the Judge and Jury of 6 maidens and 6 bachelors that in 'twelvemonth and a day', they have 'not wisht themselves unmarried again'.

A reference to The Dunmow Flitch can even be found in The Wife of Bath's Tale within Chaucer's 14th century Canterbury Tales.

The Flitch Trials are held every 4 years in Great Dunmow, Essex, England. The town is located north-east of London, just off the A120 between the M11 at Stansted Airport and Colchester: view a map

We must ensure that this unique local tradition continues for hundreds more years. So if you haven't seen or heard of the Dunmow Flitch Trials before, take a browse through this website, then come and watch the trials

http://www.dunmowflitchtrials.co.uk/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts