There was some very interesting studies posted on here that I found when searching about this kind of stuff. I wish I would have bookmarked it. What I gleaned from it was... allergic reactions are tricky devils and not to be fooled with. It's probably time to see a specialist and see what they think? Have an EpiPen on hand just in case at the very least.I checked on my bees this weekend and they were much more fiesty that usual. I ended up getting stung way more than I've been stung before. Typically I may get one or two and that has never seemed to be a problem. This weekend I got stung 7 times. About 12 hours later I developed a fever, a really bad headache, and weakness. So I'm trying to determine if this was cause by the stings, or if it's just a bug. Excuse the pun.
I've been stung before and never had any reaction other than the typical swelling and localized reaction. I'm not allergic to bee stings as I've been stung numberous times before. I've just never been stung by this many at one time. Could the stings cause this, or am I just being paranoid?
I took a couple stings just on the hand side of my wrist and my hand swelled so bad that I could not close my fist. I did not have a "body" fever, but my hand was in the 102-103 degree range quite often. I iced it a lot and that seemed to help greatly. Of course your reaction seems indicative of a more full body response, which is something to take seriously.