Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about a dozen frames of capped honey/syrup from my two deadouts. What is the best way to feed it to the packages I have coming next month? I have decided to go foundationless this year. Should I put the frames of honey in a super above a queen excluder and let them clean them out while they draw new comb below? My plan would be to save the old drawn comb for honey supers when the fall flow is on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oops, just saw thread started by Colby yesterday. Still interested on some feedback for use of excluder so I get natural cells drawn in brood box below honey.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
When you get the package, take a cappings scratcher and open up the cells and let it drip. Put your foundationless frames right tight on both sides of that frame so the bees will draw you foundationless frames straight to match it. The bees will indeed lay in that frame so start moving it to the outside so you can cycle it out of the box. If you put the sugar combs in a box and place it on the bottom board and put an excluder over it, the bees will move the syrup up and use it to raise brood. They do not leave honey below the brood nest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts