Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to post this afternoon from within the BS forum and got into this fake adobe flash update loop.

I dont know if it downloaded before i understood what was happening.

Has anyone seen anything bad from this

Thanks

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
There are a bunch of posts about this in the Forum Feedback forum for a month. Apparently, no fix yet. Some suggested to use back arrow several times, clear cache. I use Brave browser and have not had an issue. J
Just beat me to it Square

·
Registered
447 Posts
Been happening to me too--seems to only be on the Safari browser. I just hit the back arrow every time it happens then site is fine after that. Was thinking it was linked to a specific ad or something but have not seen a pattern yet.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE: What a &^%$&%#%^$ NIGHTMARE...this saga finally ended today after all the CR*P that has happened since I clicked on the fake ADOBE FLASH UPDATE.

First thing I noticed was safari hijacking when you would do a google search you would be reidrected to YAHOO.
Next you will see new icons in the tray regarding to searches and so on--you can try to delete those.
finally all internet connections went south.

CAlled apple support:

RUn the free version of Malwarebytes.
clear history.
go through finder and delete any program that you do not recognise----empty trash
in system preferences go to users/groups and to login items: use the minus sign to remove them from starting when you computer starts.
next for the internet issue disconnect wife and ethernet: in system preferences go to network, select your wifi and ethernet and use the (-) to remove them. ( you'll add again later).

Next, SHUT DOWN computer.

DO a PR reset by starting computer and holding down CTRL-OPT-P-R keys until the 2nd chimes occurs and allow system to start.

Go back in to system prefs>network>(+) to add ehthernet and or WIFI back again...all you have to do is select them and they remember the settings...

This fixed everything here..... WHAT A PAIN IN THE Ovipositor.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Think it may be fixed despite the recent post. I haven't seen it happen for at least two weeks now, maybe longer. Never did click on it. Guessing beebad has just been dealing w/ the fallout of the click for the last few weeks and finally figured out the fix.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I've noticed -- over and over, in using Windows -- I get those annoying "java update available", or whatever update available. Never click on them, period. If you want to check for updates, go to the "real" websites and check it out.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
no response from admin as of this morning.

looks like beesource.com is just one of over 1400 websites that verticalscope owns, which may explain in part why we don't receive the admin attention like we did when the site was privately owned.
don't feel bad, the other sites don't get any better service, wait until they upgrade you to the new software they are using:ws:

·
Administrator
11,316 Posts
I don't have any magic solution to this problem. Personally I switched my desktops to Linux/Ubuntu some years ago and don't have these kinds of issues. But obviously, Linux is not a practical solution for many folks.

HOWEVER, most systems have the ability to do a screen capture. If you are able to do a screen capture that shows some detail of the message the next time this happens, that could be helpful. At least it would be something that moderators could forward to VerticalScope that they could look into more. Of course, I can't make VS do what I want I want them to do, :lpf: otherwise 'Location' would still be a required field.:rolleyes:

If you do get a screen capture, but you have any issues posting it, (too big / wrong format / whatever) send me a PM and I will assist you in sending that image via email & will post it / use it to get VS's attention.:eek: And if that screen capture has any personally identifiable info, I can remove that too before it goes to VS.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Warning: there is a new one now. "Your Norton Antivirus is out of date". This one won't let you simply hit the back button to get out of--just takes you to another fake "out of date" page. Have to go to the homepage again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts