Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
This is my second year in beekeeping and it gets more exciting every year. I have two hives from last year and just brought a third hive up from Texas on Saturday.
When I opend up my older hives to requeen them I discovered that they have swarmed. I think at least that is what happened. I requeened them but I am not sure if this was the correct thing to do at that time. Any commend, or advise?? Another question if I see bees bringing in pollen does that mean that the have brood?????

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply. Yes I did inspect the hive and found queen cups and not queen cells. I think they were cups and not cells since they were not cuped. When I went to the bee yard this morning I saw bees bringing in pollen to the hives I requeened. I think they did not bring pollen in before, but like so many bee related things I'm not sure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No larvae in queen cells. Actually I did not find any larvae or any kind of brood in the whole hive. Thanks for helping to get me back on track...and I thought I only loose sleep because of my children.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts