Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
This is my second year in beekeeping and it gets more exciting every year. I have two hives from last year and just brought a third hive up from Texas on Saturday.
When I opend up my older hives to requeen them I discovered that they have swarmed. I think at least that is what happened. I requeened them but I am not sure if this was the correct thing to do at that time. Any commend, or advise?? Another question if I see bees bringing in pollen does that mean that the have brood?????

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply. Yes I did inspect the hive and found queen cups and not queen cells. I think they were cups and not cells since they were not cuped. When I went to the bee yard this morning I saw bees bringing in pollen to the hives I requeened. I think they did not bring pollen in before, but like so many bee related things I'm not sure.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
A cup is the beginning of a queencell!Were there larvae in them is my next question?If so you may lose the queen you just installed.You could find her and put her in a nuc to be safe,if they didn't ball her allready.Unfortunately you still have not solved your problem let us know what see in those queen cups.We can still get you back on track!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No larvae in queen cells. Actually I did not find any larvae or any kind of brood in the whole hive. Thanks for helping to get me back on track...and I thought I only loose sleep because of my children.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts