Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Stopped at a garage sale a few days ago and bought a Dadant Junior extractor and got an extra 10 gallon stainless steel tank.

My question is: Does anyone have pictures of their small scale setup?
Of the pictures I have found,everyone seems to use 5 gal plastic buckets but not the steel tanks.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I would go down to the local hardware store and buy a couple of the 5 gallon paint strainer bags. Put the bag into a 5 gallon bucket and let your extractor run straight into the bucket. When the bucket is full just pull the strainer bag out of the bucket the honey will drain out of the bag and you can move the bag over into a new bucket to repeat the process. You can normally do two buckets before you will need to clean out the strainer bag. Then pour the bucket into you stainless tank to use as a settling/bottling tank. Forget those strainers that sit in the top of the bucket they are way too slow the strainer bags are the only way to go.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That makes sense, I was trying to figure out how the honey was going to go from extractor to tank to bottling without the extractor being
4 foot in the air at least.

Johng: Do you know about what micron those bags are?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I'm not sure but, it looks to be about the same size mesh as the 400micron plastic filter I have. They really do filter very good. If you can get a pail perch to hold the bucket up so it can drip into your bottling tank while your extracting another bucket you will be set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts