Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to use propolis to make tinctures for my family. Does anyone have any suggestions on which propolis "catcher" to use. I've seen three different kinds and not sure which is the best. Any opinions on this?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Michelle- odd timing....
just yesterday I scraped some very fresh propolis from inside my hive. I'm keeping a little ball of it on my desk and chewing/eating a piece each day about the size of one kernel of corn. Once I get more I'll keep a stash sealed up nicely in the fridge. Hope the 'narcs' don't catch me! :cool: lol!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Once I get more I'll keep a stash sealed up nicely in the fridge. Hope the 'narcs' don't catch me!
Your too funny Omie! :)

My girls aren't producing very much, or at least not much in top hive body. I did notice much more in the lower deeps when we did our reversal but stupid me didn't even think about removing it for personal use until after we put the hive back together :( I purchased a book on propolis that just came in the mail and as I read all the great health benefits of propolis I want to make make make. The kids take tinctures well so I thought that would be wonderful for over the winter and I'd like to make a cream with the propolis also.

lisascenic

Your bees really are propolis producers. I have nothing like that in my hive. If you were close I'd be over there in a flash! BTW/your picture is amazing, thanks for sharing!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts