Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My husband and I have been wanting bees for a few years and are finally ready to go! We are going to give top bar beekeeping a try. I went to a bee workshop, but we think his is getting cancelled, we'll see. I look forward to learning here. We live on the Western Slope of Colorado and pick up our bees in a couple weeks. Hoping that some things are blooming by then! Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Welcome to you! I think you will find a ton of useful information here from many members with even more experience than they will probably admit. As long as you keep an open mind and are willing to learn from others and your bees, I am sure you can do a great job, and your bees will reward you for it! Good luck, and thanks for helping us all to help the bees!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Welcome to Beesource, gypsumtopbar!

There are many very experienced and helpful beekeepers on here who are very generous with their time and expertise.

Best of success to you this year.

Russ

·
Moderator - In Memorium
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,888 Posts
Welcome gypsumtopbar. Beekeeping can be very rewarding. It can also be disappointing. Listen to the advice given here and you will do fine. There are several regulars that are on the front range, I assume the climate is similar?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome gypsumtopbar. Beekeeping can be very rewarding. It can also be disappointing. Listen to the advice given here and you will do fine. There are several regulars that are on the front range, I assume the climate is similar?
The front range is a little warmer with a bit earlier Spring. We are in a banana belt of sorts so that helps keep things on the warmer and drier side!
Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts