First,let me say that I do not agree with this part of Andrew's statement."EOs are treatments and depending on which one and concentration can be extremely hazardous to you (and your bees.)"When or under what circumstances would you consider giving bees access to it?
Jack and Adam
According to the rules of the treatment-free forum, they are treatments. See the sticky at the top of the forum for the rules that apply here.First,let me say that I do not agree with this part of Andrew's statement."EOs are treatments and depending on which one and concentration can be extremely hazardous to you (and your bees.)"
They are treatments but unless you are using an outrageous amount or seriously overdosing your bees,then they are not harmful in my opinion.
Treatment: A substance introduced by the beekeeper into the hive with the intent of killing, repelling, or inhibiting a pest or disease afflicting the bees.
Treatments include but are not limited to:
Mite-away II (formic acid)
Sucrocide (sucrose octanoate esters)
Oxalic Acid (dicarboxylic acid)
Formic Acid (carboxylic acid)
Mineral Oil (food grade mineral oil, FGMO)
Sugar Dusting (sucrose)
HBH (essential oils)
MegaBee (diet formula)
Honey Bee Healthy (feeding stimulant containing essential oils)
Bt Aizawai (bacteria)
Thymol (crystals, feed, or fogging)
Essential oils (in general)
Grease patties (Crisco etc.)