197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I want to know if i have to buy a heater for the 200 Liter honey container
if i pour the honey immediatly into jars after several days that all
the dirt is floating and sinking?

Tha main issue is that i dont want to heat the honey if i could, and
if there is no escape from heating, so what is the normal temprature
to do it with minimal damage to the honey nutritions?

Thanks alot
Randi

·
Registered
760 Posts
just let it sit in the bottling tank for a few days before filling jars - we never heat our honey, we also strain the honey as it comes out of the extractor - this removes all the legs and wax

if you have already bottled a lot ....its time consuming but pour it back into a bucket and let it sit - this lets the air bubbles float out also

then re bottle after you strain it

hope this helps

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
From everything i've read and been told, any temp. up to 120 degrees is safe anything over 120 degrees you start cooking the nutrition out, and it becomes syrup. Jack

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
concrete-bees, Thank you for the helpful reply
So, what is the average time the honey got so dense, it can't flood from the container without heating ?

·
Banned
2,668 Posts
So, what is the average time the honey got so dense, it can't flood from the container without heating ?

Much depends on the source of nectar. Honey made from tree nectar is slow to granulate, often taking years before it won't flow. Honey made from sunflowers or canola sometimes granulates in the combs before beekeepers can get it extracted.

·
Registered
760 Posts
" how to get bees into nuc box"

..... just ask them really nice and they should just march right on in!!!!!

just kidding

are you starting with a package or a swarm ???

either way just dump them in and put a lid on it

if you are using it for a swarm bait box .... just at a few drops of lemongrass extract every few weeks and you should get bees if there are placed near a hive (durning swarm season)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts