Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for info on cleaning used equipment.....hive bodies and frames especially....talked to an established beekeeper who cleaned all his hives and frames by "cooking" them in a heated bath of water/lye mixture for ten minutes or so, and another who said he just pressure washed everything with hot water....I'd like to hear from someone on the forum .... need input in order to get ready for next year, which will actually be my first year, as I'm gathering equipment and information before I begin....thank you

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can I use a small butane torch ... the kind used to sweat copper joints ? afterwards brush the ash away with a wire brush ? is it that simple ?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
roger that on the big pot for boiling ..... I thought it was a little overkill unless you have a pretty big operation....and right now, I don't even have an operation, much less a big one.....the only thing I'm trying to do here is to be as well informed as I can, and have a lot of options going into this thing before I actually get my feet wet.... I have been able to obtain quite a bit of equipment, hive bodies, frames, extractor, foundation, smoker, veil and gloves, etc, etc, and many other things that should make the startup a little easier next spring.
thanks for all the input, I do appreciate it, and look forward to starting my first season as a beekeeper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts