Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone

my name is duman from iran.
im a beekeeper & i have 300 bee kolony now.
i want to Emigration to canada and Continue my job there.
but i have some problem and this is i dont no how start this job in the other country.
and How much money is necessary to start.

please help me
thanks for any advice and help you can give.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi Duman,
It's hard to say, but I assume you would start with new bees and equipment. A full hive is about $300. A nuc is about $125, and a queen is around $25. I live in the southern portion of North America and our winters can be tough at this elevation. The winters in Canada may be much harder that Iran. It may be pretty cool in your area though. That is something to consider. Good luck. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hello
thank you but idont understand can you Explained more about "whellbarrow full of Canadian dollars"

·
Super Moderator
11,214 Posts
Welcome to Beesource!

It is possible for a person to get the necessary Canadian government approval to immigrate to Canada without a lot of money. You either need to be in a particular job category in high demand, or already have a permanent job arranged with a Canadian employer.

More info at this site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp?expand=arranged#arranged

Beekeeper is not one of the jobs on the list of high demand, so you would need to have a formal job offer from a Canadian beekeeper to utilize this program.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi Duman,
You're welcome. I'm not sure how lucrative it would be, but it is probably middle class. It depends on how good you are at it and how many hives you have. Like others have said, it would not be a high paying job.
I'm only a hobbyist for now. What race of bees do you have in Iran? Is your area near the coast or closer to the mountains?
Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hi Jrose1970
in iran not any Eugenics on bee but there are a Indigenous race in long time that name is Caucasian apes melifera.
i live in Ardabil our area in mountain elevation 1400 meter im here in the summer & in the winter migration to the east there are elevation 0 meter on the KHAZAR beach for Hibernation

·
Registered
187 Posts
For those following this thread, google pictures of Ardabil, Iran. It is unbelievably beautiful!!!
It looks a lot like the Cumberland Mountains here in Tennessee!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts