Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got a supercedure going on in one of my packages. Looks like things are progressing normally, with the 1st-queen-out killing the remaining queens in their cells.

In the photo, the emerged queen cell in the upper right has a perfectly circular chewed-off cap. The killed queen cell in the lower left has a side chewed out and you can see the underlying foundation through the hole.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Fantastic pic. Are those drone cells that have had caps chewed off too? Looks like they are too far advanced not to be capped already. J

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Fantastic pic. Are those drone cells that have had caps chewed off too? Looks like they are too far advanced not to be capped already. J
I am thinking they are probably uncapped drone cells.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Pulled a frame like this a couple weeks ago, and while looking at the still capped but side chewed out queen cell, a fuzzy queen crawled out! Guess I saved her from immediate death and gave her a fighting chance.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yes sir, that photo is so good you can almost smell it:D

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the compliments on the photo. All I can say is that the latest version of the iphone is capable if very nice photos without much skill by the user. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts