Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off my apologies if this isn't the right thread, I thought since it has to do with queens and egg laying this would be the best fit. I opened one of my hives today and found the queen on the middle frame of the top box, I wasn't expecting that, but she was running around frantically and had an egg hanging out of her rear end. This hive was requeened after the summer solstice and she is a laying machine she started off a little slow but now with a deep and 2 med she has 7 medium frames chock full of capped brood and has started working down . Is this normal or is she running out of room? There was empty comb in the deep but I couldn't tell if it had eggs in it as it was getting later in the afternoon and I was in the shade

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I saw a Queen just the week walking about with an egg half out. I presumed,perhaps incorrectly, that I disturbed her mid egg deposit.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Things CAN get a bit strange when there isn't enough room.

Janne - your guess sounds like it's eggzactly on the money.

I wish I had eyesight like you guys have! I have to whip out loupes for that (not fun with a veil jacket on).

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Things CAN get a bit strange when there isn't enough room.

Janne - your guess sounds like it's eggzactly on the money.

I wish I had eyesight like you guys have! I have to whip out loupes for that (not fun with a veil jacket on).
I was wearing magnifiers:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts