Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine just called and said he has a swarm in his tree. Gonna be # 6of 11 swarms collected so far. Missed the other 5 because I was stuck at work and they left. And I am stuck at work today.
Hopefully they will still be there at noon. I’ll get some better pics.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Freaking gone. :( They must have been there a few days before he noticed them. They were starting to build some comb.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Funny!! :D:D

·
Registered
453 Posts
Ah bummer, score now is 5 for Hambone and 6 for the bees. hahaha

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Win some lose some. It does stink to lose them though. I've gotten 2 out of 2, but I'd trade my record for 5 out of 11 any day. My percentage is better but I still have only caught 40% of the swarms you've caught. I'm feelin' a Hambone "roundhouse" coming on.

·
Registered
101 Posts
you may well be on to a great location, bee swarms will often land in the same place as earlier swarms and since these were obviously there long enouph to start building comb you can bet your hat they have left a scent that will attract others.
might be a darn fine spot to set up a swarm trap :eek:

beebiker

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ah bummer, score now is 5 for Hambone and 6 for the bees. hahaha
I know! It sucks. Gotta pick up my game or quit my job. :D

Win some lose some. It does stink to lose them though. I've gotten 2 out of 2, but I'd trade my record for 5 out of 11 any day. My percentage is better but I still have only caught 40% of the swarms you've caught. I'm feelin' a Hambone "roundhouse" coming on.
Bad part it. This is 2 in 2 days. Missed one yesterday afternoon too!! Did have one good note today. Did find a swarm that moved into an old nasty mouse infested deadout hive today. One that I have been meaning to bring home and cleanup. I was checking a walk a way this afternoon and saw bees coming and going from it. Thought surely not. Opened it up. Small softball swarm in there. Queen was laying too. Tranfering them to much nicer equipment tomorrow.

might be a darn fine spot to set up a swarm trap :eek:
beebiker
Left the hive there. We shall see what happens. Lots of swarming activity this week. Making sure I reapply lemmon grass oil to my traps tomorrow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts