Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
They will come apart as easy as they go together.
You need glue and nails to make them last.
Wait till he uses his hive tool to pry them out!

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
They might come apart but it won't be as easy as they go together. The wooden parts have a groove near the ends and the plastic brackets have a spring loaded tab that snaps into the groove. so you either have to use a tool to retract the tab or break something to get it apart. If the plastic bracket is made well I don't see why it couldn't work just fine.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I like the idea. Also like how the wax is wired. Im afraid mdf will not last, 5 years is not the average replacement time.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
They talk about the frames not being propolized together because the sidebars have shorter shoulders than Lang's. Give em to my bees, they'll school em in the fine art of brace combing LOL

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
It might be stronger than you think - especially if you used just the right adhesive. The top bars look a little flimsy compared to what we use, but if it was adapted to used 1/2 or 3/4 x 1" top bars it might be plenty strong. It would need to be configured to use standard foundation of course - solid grooved bottoms for plastic as an option. Once it was all drawn out it would probably work as well as anything.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
You can purchase just the corners if you want to cut your own wood. It would require adapting standard frames so foundation would fit. The samples he showed would not work with foundation here in the U.S.

http://www.chelmsfordbees.co.uk/sales.htm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts