Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Eastern Shore area beeks know (or can guesstimate) how much longer the flow will be? My very un-educated guess is about 3 weeks. Of my 4 hives that I was hoping on having a decent honey crop from, only 2 have just now started storing honey in the supers. I still have what I think to be considerable stores in the deeps and was wondering if it was normal for them to backfill while the flow was on and then move it above them when the flow starts to slow down?

In my area, the Catawba's just bloomed about 3 days ago, the elms should bloom in a day or two and the dog bane and milk weeds have yet to bloom. I haven't seen much activity on the clover either so something else must have their attention.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm eastern nc bout 2 hr from coast and I'm expecting another couple weeks. Have some hives just putting wildflower which seems a less than normal but a couple are working on there 4th medium super. Also have some on sage and they are doing good. Got late start on sage but also expecting another 2-3 weeks. By mid to late June I think spring flow will be over here. The weather of early spring has messed up some of the strength of a few hives and caused a little later flow start.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts