Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new pair of reading glasses +3.0 magnification that I have started using in the beeyard. I noticed in several of my Queenright hives several cells with double eggs or even triple eggs. So I have been told that there are always a few laying workers in a hive. So does that mean you will occasionally see double or triple eggs in cells in a queen right hive?

·
Registered
509 Posts
I've seen it when conditions allow them to drastically increase the queen's laying rate.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Double and occasionally triple eggs in cells are typically laid by a queen. There are a number of different conditions that cause it. As long as she is not laying a whole lot of them like that and it clears up in a few weeks, don't worry about it.

·
Registered
469 Posts
laying workers will put half a dozen eggs in each cell and they will be all over the place. I recently split off a queen from a full sized hive into a nuc for swarm control and she did not appreciate that very much! With the newly condensed space, she started laying 2-3 eggs in each cell. I upgraded her to a 10 frame box and the double laying immediately went away. She just needs more space is all

1 - 4 of 4 Posts