Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
News Reporters! They're like politicians, talking about stuff they dont understand. Called this 21 mil SWARMING bees. making it sound like there will be one big CLOUD of bees falling on the good citizens and BEWARE!! Reports of stinging going on. Well DUH!!!! A couple hundred hives just got tipped over...what do ya think is gonna happen! Not too mention the fact they were able to finally utilize their SWARM ACTION PLAN. Thank God for government huh?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yea, gotta love the reporters..."Swarm" sounds so much more dramatic than loose bees.

We had a news story here a few mornings ago about swarms. The news anchor did a great job talking about the benefits of bees without making swarming a scary thing and I give her credit for that. But when she finished by saying, "Swarming is when all the new queen bees leave their mother and start their own hives", I almost choked on my coffee, I laughed so hard.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Wonder why that didn't add a "plug" for all hard work that the honeybee does for everyone listening to the broadcast?? Pollination to help nature's beauty, pollination for 1/3 of all the food we eat, and of course...Honey. juzzer
Anyway...thanks for posting the link.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts