Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use plastic (PETE) pint or quart jars for their honey bottling? I found some nice PETE/PET Plastic pint and quart jars from Ring Container, but they only sell them by the truck load. Anyone know of a source for these where I could get half a pallet?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks. I'm referring to plastic (PETE) versions of standard pint and quart glass jars that use the G70 lids. I have received samples of these jars from a few manufacturers and the ones made by Ring Container can reliably use the standard metal lids that are used on standard glass pint and quart jars. I've tested these PETE jars from Ring Container with the metal G70 lids and they are very secure and leak proof. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has ever used these and or knows of a source where I can get some, since I can't afford an entire truck load of them. :D

I've checked with USPlastic and they don't have what I'm looking for. At least that I could find anyway. If I missed them please let me know where they are. Thanks.

I have ordered the plastic pint and quart jars from Kelly and they work fine, but cost more than what I get glass jars for.

Richards Packaging does carry Pint and Quart PETE jars however they have ridges around them for strength that makes labeling them difficult. The labels tear easily and you hae to use their plastic lids.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to a very nice lady from San Diego that found these for me. They are perfect for use with the standard metal G70 lids used for Pint and Quart Glass Jars. There are 2 places that you can get them. One for Pints and the other for Quarts. You can order any quantity you like. They cost a little more than glass but won't break when shipped.

For 32 ounce Quart Jars:
http://www.shorecontainer.com/32ozpeteconomyjar70-450.aspx

For 16 ounce Pint Jars:
http://www.containerandpackaging.com/item/B239

1 - 8 of 8 Posts