Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a miracle cure for a swollen shut eye from a bee sting. It looks like it is going to leave a shiner. My 21 year old son tagged along yesterday with me doing inspections. He didn't wear his veil. He will never do that again. he got nailed right at the corner of the temple and the eye. swollen shut this morning. he has a wedding that he is best man next week. Help!!!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say my wife is not happy this morning.:lookout:

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Get a bee and sting his other eye. That way it will match and the other eye won’t stand out so much.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Why is your wife holding you responsible for what a 21 year old does? You should have come up with a better story like..."next he'll think twice before he backtalks me!" :D

To reduce swelling an ice pack will help but needs to be done as quickly after the sting as possible. Also, the venom causes the body to release histamines which could also contribute to the swelling. An antihistamine can also help with this. In 48 hours you should see a significant reduction in swelling. By next week he won't even remember it....maybe.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Yeah...I know what you mean...I'm still being held responsible for WW2 and I wasn't even born yet. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
939 Posts
This is unfortunate, however found that Cortaid cream and time may be the only solution despite some other solutions mentioned. I got one on the atoms apple when I first began and can say it itched like crazy and swelled up the size of a baseball (in area, not in girth). I had to keep from itching in order for it to go away.

Allergic reactions should be dealt with immediately, namely the ER. You'll know.

The rest of us have to grin and bear it. Took me 4-5 days to completely rid my system of the venom.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I call stings (Smart Pills) they tell me what i done wrong.:no: Seems like i'm a slow learner:D. hope the swelling goes down before the wedding. Jack

·
Registered
792 Posts
Homeopathic remedy

"Apis Mellifica" works great for me. shockingly. If I get stung in the eye area I am usually swollen for days. Apis plus ice will stop the swelling for me overnight, assuming I let it "get away."
Since it has been a long time, use the 12c
for right after the sting, use 6c. If I use the 6c right after the sting, no swelling.

doesn't work for all, but worth a shot

Find in your local health food store.
http://www.1-800homeopathy.com/inde...is+mellifica&gclid=CLrZ_IPR8p4CFaM45Qod5m49Jw

·
Registered
155 Posts
Go to urgent care and get a steroid shot. These last 3-4 months. I may get one at the beginnig of every growing season. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts