Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been. But have had a few left over from spring in the freezer. My last 3 swarm catches I have put a patty on them. I typically open my swarms on the 10 day(ish) range. The 3 I have put them on at the 10 day(ish) range the patty has been total gone, wax paper and all has been consumed.

Not sure why I didn't do it earlier. But I will be adding patties from now on.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
never used a "pollen patty" at all. might be a nice boost, but far from neccessary-but i'm wary of what i consider "marketing". this has been "hyped" so much by distributors that lots of folks seem to believe it to be neccessary for survival. just my 2 cents. good luck,mike

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
might be a nice boost, but far from neccessary-but i'm wary of what i consider "marketing". this has been "hyped" so much by distributors that lots of folks seem to believe it to be neccessary for survival. just my 2 cents. good luck,mike
I don't believe them to be neccessary for survival but they do provide a great boost. If you're using a good one. :)

Oh yeah.... even on top of ice cream.
If I had that much stratch tied up in it I would be having 3 square meals a day of patty too. :D

Yeah, we've done that. It gives the SHB larva that infest the patties a lot better taste! :D
:D Surprisingly I have only seen 2 beetles all year. I only gave them about 1/2 pound. I cut my 1 pounders in half.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts