Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just on a hive that was queenright and the frame i had a noise that was coming from it. It was not the usual queen piping which has several tones and it was not just a bee buzzing but something in between. I tried to see where it was coming from but it stopped. Thought i would ask. Also how would they make this noise? I didn't see any one in particular using wing beats that might do it.

·
Registered
8,186 Posts
I have never heard of workers piping. But when I hear piping, how do I know who is doing it. I believe that it is queens piping though.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have heard it also. I have found its often because I tapped a bee with a frame or in wax and is trying to get out makes the noise; )

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have heard it also. I have found its often because I tapped a bee with a frame or in wax and is trying to get out makes the noise; )
right. this is what i usually hear. on this frame in particular there was no carnage. frame was just being drawn and no honey or anything. i got concerned it might be a virgin queen but all l saw was workers. **** bees are cool. just when you think you know them........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts